October 30, 2009

Squash Love



We have a variety of squash on the windowsill in the kitchen. They are all awaiting their turn to be cooked, but in the meantime that have provided us with a variety of different school activities. We've counted, sorted, compared and described them. We've drawn pictures and written stories about them. We've done all sorts of things so it was no surprise to find Alidia sitting at the kitchen table with them all laid out in front of her. I watched her from the doorway for a while as she counted them and talked to herself all about them. I went to get the camera and when I returned I noticed that she was going down the line kissing each one.

So naturally I took some pictures, because what is cuter than a kid kissing a pumpkin??


See those pursed little lips??




Here's where she paused to make sure I was still watching and said "nother picture momma."

No comments: