April 26, 2009

Leading the Blind


As we are heading to the car from the park Cole suddenly announces that he is blind. Aviana of course rushes to his aid and leads him, promising that she will not let him run into things. I ignore the situation wondering what is going on in his head. He falls several times (intentionally) to amp up the drama of his ailment and fluster his sister who is trying desperately to be of true assistance. As we near the car he notices (through his slightly peeking right eye) a small pile of dirt and leaves. He squats down, picks up the dirt and leaves and rubs them on his eyes. He then proclaims loudly, "I can see, thank you Jesus, I can see." And then laughs hysterically at his own antics. The whole way home the story of Jesus healing the blind man is retold to me. "Really, mom, that's really what happened" they kept saying.

2 comments:

w said...

Why are your kids so sweet and awesome?!
I guess we wait until later to tell them that there was spit involved in that story...

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness that story made me laugh out loud. Your kids are cute.