October 17, 2008

Little Ballerina

Aviana loves her ballet class. The first week she was so excited that she could hardly even pay attention. She was just in her own world dancing around the room and hanging from the barre. She's able to listen now and do what she's supposed to and her only complaint about ballet is that I make her put her hair up. I thought she would be disappointed because she was the only one on the first day not wearing a frilly ballet skirt, but she told me afterwards that real ballerinas (i.e. Belinda) don't wear skirts to practice in. (Interestingly, she gladly wore a skirt this week to class.) I didn't get any good pictures of her at the barre, but we got some great smiles at center!

And a few short videos of the little ballerina in action.

If you'll notice in that video she stopped for a snack midway through...




If you come over to our house you will most likely get a personal performace by the ballerina, complete with her ballet slippers, music, lots of spinning and curtsies!


*And all this cuteness from the same little girl who came running in the house last week holding a slug!*

2 comments:

erin said...

Adorable! I can't wait to see Lucia prance around in little tights :)

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

I love it! :) I can't wait to see her "ballet" in person.

I was going through boxes the other day, and came across all my ballet tights/leotard/skirt/shoes, etc. from when I was in college. Wow, I miss ballet! :)

I tagged you on my blog, so stop by if you have a chance!

Blessings,
Michele