April 29, 2010

A plan for a canoe

Me and daddy should totally build one of those. It's really easy. All you need is a giant log and a knife. And you just dig it out. And then you need to find a stick, ya know, to oar with. (His eyes glaze over a bit and he looks aside and says more to himself than to me).....Yeah, we should do that sometime.

Later as I was tucking him into bed he told me that he had done some more research on his intended project. It's called a dugout canoe and yeah, it'd be pretty easy to build. He lays down in bed with his hug and kiss, drifting off to sleep with visions of canoes. As I close the door I hear, Now mom, how do you put Indian paint on deerskins?

This kid has a lot of faith in the abilities and creativity of his parents. I'm not sure where it comes from.

1 comment:

danc said...

I guess you'll need to start looking for that log!
Love you and thanks for these wonderful posts! Grandma Darlene