February 12, 2010

Groundhog's Day

There are time's when Jeremy thinks I take the minor holidays to the extreme. I'm not going to argue, because that is probably a true statement. Needless to say, we celebrated Groundhog's Day last week by inviting some friends over for a morning of playtime and puppets. Groundhog puppets.




Aviana was the only one of my children who really got into the idea. The others loved their puppets and have carried them around for the last week, but Aviana embraced the minor holiday and dug right into the project. The fact that she got to use to use the glue gun and scissors might have been a motivating factor as well.





She did not believe me when I told her that Phil saw his shadow and there would be 6 more weeks of winter. She promptly took her own groundhog outside to see for herself and then experimented with standing in different places. There were occaional shadow spottings, but equally as many non-shadow locations in the yard. And based on this last week's weather I'm kind of starting to doubt Phil's prediction myself.



Happy (belated) Groundhog's day!

Or as Alidia calls him...the squirrel, or as Cole calls him....Chatter Chipmunk.

For anyone interested, we found the tutorial for the project here.

No comments: