November 03, 2009

Monkey

Alidia had originally wanted to be "River Girl" from the American girl books about Kaya. She still calls herself River Girl, but we were able to talk her into this warm and cozy monkey costume that we borrowed from her cousin. She has actually been pretty excited about her "monkey suit" and couldn't wait to put it on.

She happily let me put her hair up into "monkey ears" and sat very still as I colored her nose because she wanted me to "do face like Na-na".


But she wasn't a big fan of having the monkey hood up, so we got one token picture and that was it. Since the weather was nice I guess that didn't really matter.


She did love the tail though. Except when one of her siblings tried to lead her around by holding on to it.


My favorite part was the big round belly. So cute.

No comments: